Privacy Disclosure Statement For Client Information
- Legend Financial Advisors, Inc.® (The Company) is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of the personal information that is entrusted to The Company by the Client.
To conduct regular business, The Company may collect non-public personal information from sources such as:
- Information reported by the Client on applications or other forms the Client provides to The Company.
- Information about the Client’s transactions.
As The Company shares non-public information solely to service Clients, The Company does not disclose any non-public personal information about The Client, or former clients to anyone, except as permitted and/or required by law.
- In accordance to the USA Patriot Act, The Company will not open accounts or accept funds or securities from, or on behalf of, any person or entity whose name appears on the List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons maintained by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control, from any Foreign Shell Bank or from any other prohibited persons or entities as may be mandated by applicable law or regulation.
At times, The Company may disclose non-public personal information to non-affiliated third parties. The Company may share any of the information that is collected as described above. The Company may disclose non-public personal information about the Client to the following types of non-affiliated third parties:
- Money management institutions to maintain and/or manage the Client accounts and/or monies.
- Financial service providers such as mortgage brokers, insurance companies, banks, attorneys, accountants and actuary firms, only with a Client’s prior authorization.
- Service providers that assist The Company with information systems management, secure document destruction, retention, and storage to facilitate The Company’s normal business operations.
- The Company is required under the USA Patriot Act to respond to all Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) requests about accounts or transactions by reporting to FinCEN the identity of the specified individual or organization, the account number, all identifying information provided by the account holder when the account was established, and the date and type of transaction.
- Except as described above, The Company does not share Client information. If information is requested by subpoena or investigation of fraudulent activity, etc. The Company is required by law to comply.
- The Company will not rent, sell, trade, or otherwise release or disclose any personal information about the Client. Any information provided by the Client is for The Company’s use only. If the Client decides to become an inactive client, The Company will adhere to these privacy policies and practices.
- The Company will internally safeguard the Client’s non-public personal information by restricting access to only those Company employees who provide services to the Client or those who need access to a Client’s information to service the their accounts.
- The Company’s employees acknowledge the firm privacy and confidentiality policy by signing a policy acknowledgement form.
- The Company requires strict confidentiality in The Company’s Contracts with non-affiliated third parties that require access to the Client’s personal information.
- The Company maintains a hardware firewall to protect The Company’s servers from intrusion by outside parties.
- The Company uses standard Industry encryption software when downloading data from non-affiliated third parties into The Company’s portfolio management software.
- Detailed advice and/or other information will be sent utilizing encryption technology unless specifically requested by the Client that the information be sent by another method.
- During normal business hours, The Company’s office entrance is secured and maintained by a security system. It requires a Company employee to admit any visitor into the office. Outside of normal business hours, all the doors and common areas are locked and monitored by video cameras and The Company’s security system. The Company also monitors employees’ computer usage via screen capture and keystroke tracking software.
- All documentation is disposed of through an on-site shredding service to meet governmental standards of client confidentiality.
- All E-mails are archived in accordance with the Security and Exchange Commission’s guidelines.
- The Company’s entire network is monitored and policed for intrusion attempts 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Any detected intrusion attempts are analyzed to determine the identity of the intruders and the extent of the intrusion.
The Company welcomes questions and comments about the Privacy Disclosure. The Company can be contacted at (412) 635-9210.